As a time served mechanic of some 30 years and VW enthusiast Paul Roberts has long recognised the need for a VW aircooled engine specialist in Scotland. After years of building many aircooled engines for himself and others as a sideline to his normal mechanics job Paul plucked up the courage to go set up Aircooled Engines.
With a modern workshop and clean room Aircooled Engines is able to offer a comprehensive engine building service which includes;
- Full Engine rebuild
- Engine Modification for power or economy
- Reconditioning of your existing unit
We offer 4 main levels of service for our engine work;
1. You supply the bare engine stripped of auxiliaries and tinware.
2. You supply the engine complete with auxiliaries and tinware and we will strip and refit after the engine build
3. You supply the engine complete with auxiliaries and tinware and we will strip, refurbish (including powder coating tinware) and refit after the engine work.
4. Complete turnkey where you drop off the vehicle and once complete, come back to a ready to go vehicle.
A full Turnkey service is available where we can refurbish your existing tinware and auxiliaries then refit them to you vehicle
Aircooled Engines also light engineering services including;
- Fly Cutting cylinder heads
- Case boring for bigger barrels and pistons
- Cylinder head rebuild
- Polishing and porting of cylinder heads
- Carburettor ultrasonic cleaning and rebuild service
- Blasting and powder coating of tinware (Different media types and many colours of powder is available)