Terms & Conditions
Depending on the Services being performed you may be asked for an upfront payment. This payment is used to cover the costs of parts and machining costs.
Final payment is required prior to collection/installation of the the engine.
Aircooled Engines Scotland accepts cash and bank transfer.
All goods and works carried out by Aircooled engines are sold subject to the terms and conditions of the following warranty:
1. This warranty applies for whichever of the following periods is shorter: a) 12 months from the date of sale, or b) until the vehicle has covered 12,000 miles since installation.
2. During the period of the warranty, Aircooled engines will make good any defect free of charge for labour or materials, so long as:
a) The defect is not caused either by poor engine fitment, incorrect fitment or non fitment of any part of the cooling tinware, misuse, neglect, accident, racing or speed trials, or by any modification, alteration, repair or attempted repair.
b) If any oil leaks are found from the engine under the warranty period ,it is the responsibility of the customer to keep the oil to a sufficient level to not sustain damage to the engine.the defect should then be reported to Aircooled engines in writing (or by telephone, confirmed in writing) immediately that the defect appears.
c) The engine must, as soon as practicable, be returned to Aircooled engines for examination and for any necessary repair and replacement within the terms of this warranty.
3. Any necessary repairs or maintenance (whether covered by this Warranty or not) should be carried out as soon as practicable and without further detriment to the condition of the engine.
All ancillary parts should always be maintained in good order.
4. In the event of any disagreement between the owner and Aircooled Engines Scotland as to the nature or extent of the work for which Aircooled Engines Scotland is liable under the terms of this warranty, the dispute may be resolved by an independent engineer to be agreed upon between the parties, the fees of such an independent engineer to be borne equally by the owner and Aircooled Engines Scotland. Alternatively, the matter can be dealt with by seeking redress in the Courts.
5. Aircooled engines will not be responsible for payment for any work or materials supplied.
6. Aircooled engines will not be responsible for any loss of earnings, cost of car hire, or any other consequential costs incurred including but not limited to towing, recovery, overnight accommodation.
7. Persons dealing with the re-manufacturer’s goods are not agents of the re-manufacturer and have no right or authority to bind it in any way not to assume on its behalf any obligations, express or implied.
8. No variation or modification of the terms of this warranty shall be valid or binding unless it is in writing, signed by a responsible and authorised employee of Aircooled Engines Scotland.
9. The owner is responsible for the cost of maintenance items including, but not limited to, filters, elements and belts, replaced during Warranty repairs.
10. During the period of this warranty, should a claim for excessive oil consumption be made, the owner must be prepared to supply adequate information to show that oil consumption was exceeding the manufacturer’s specification.
11. Throughout the period of this warranty, the owner shall maintain and service the vehicle in accordance with the original manufacturer’s recommendation; the service record supplied should be completed at each service.
12. This Warranty will not apply if the repair is necessitated as a result of fair wear and tear.
13. If a remanufactured engine is replaced under the terms of this Warranty, the replacement engine will be covered for the balance of the original guarantee.
14. This Warranty is applicable to mainland United Kingdom and Northern Ireland only; additional insurance cover is recommended when travelling abroad with the vehicle.
15. Nothing in the above warranty affects the customer’s statutory rights.
16. Aircooled engines reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions of this Warranty from time to time without prior notification.